Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Getting Old...

WOW! Seriously, where has time gone?? It's Christmas time already, and while I'm finishing up the last items on my list and making sure I haven't forgotten anything to pack for our trip to Tucson for Christmas, I still can't help but FREAK OUT over how fast it's all come!

Christmas seemed so far away, and I just kept telling myself...Em, you can make it till Christmas...by then Wyatt will be almost 6 months old! Life will be so much easier! AND IT SO IS! I just love this little stinker and it takes every ounce of control that I have not to squeeze him till he farts every time that I pick him up! He cracks me up how he'll be suckin' on that tiny little thumb of his and if I come within one foot of him he grins from ear to ear and his tongue just quivers as it's trying to continue sucking :) Oh, and my gosh...he goes absolutely NUTS when he sees his dad!! If I even mention the word "dad" he starts pumping his legs and looking around just waiting for his dad to come and make him laugh!

The other night, he woke up crying because his blanket had somehow managed to all bunch up over his head and he couldn't figure out how to move it (I'm positive he's gonna have major clostraphobia when he gets older!). I ran up to his room and pulled the blanket from his face and picked him up to calm him down. Well, Steve followed me up and and soon as he saw him he began wiggling in my arms doing just about everything he could to crawl up and over me and into his daddy's arms! Steve went downstairs to make him a bottle to help calm him down and that kid kept looking over my shoulder just waiting for him to return. The two of them together makes me crazy happy!



I know it's terrible to film your kid crying...even more so when you are laughing at your kid who is crying! But before you pass judgment...try to watch this video without laughing! Go on! I dare ya!



See??!! It's SO HARD to take this kid seriously when he cries! He pokes his bottom lip out and I can't help but laugh cuz he's just so darn cute! Thank goodness he hasn't figured out how to really cry....he still cries with his mouth closed...it's like he's muffling his sorrow on our behalf. :0)

Anyways, back to the "Getting Old" thing. I'm downloading some music so we have some new tunes to listen to on our way to Tucson and I found this song called "One Time" by Justin Bieber. Ya'll, I swear this kid is only 12...ok, ok...maybe 12 and 1/2! I'm so used to following the artists of my time and even some of the newer ones that don't seem all that far off from my own age. But all the sudden, I'm lookin' around for Steve like he's gonna catch me listening to this "kid" and look at me like, "for real? I guess he's ok if borderline jail bait is your thing."

It's just weird to see how time passes and all the things that I once thought were "cool" are now considered "old school"! And to top all that...I just had to buy my first tube of arthritis cream! What the hail?? lol Not to mention the white, not silver, hairs that I've suddenly found. (Does that mean I'm not wise? I always heard the silver hairs meant you were wise...ah well...it figures) Guess I'll have to start dying my hair more frequently cuz these buggers seem to be growing faster than any other hairs on my head! What's next?? Hemorrhoid Cream and Adult Diapers??


1 comment:

Candace said...

He he! Don't feel too bad. I'm pretty sure every parent has laughed at their kid crying at one point or another. Sometimes it's just so funny! I know I've done it a time or two... He is SO adorable by the way! (even when he's crying) Kids grow up so fast! It's unbelievable! Hope you are doing well!

Love you!
Candace