Friday, December 11, 2009

Stop the Leaks!

So. I have a question for all you mommas out there. Well, at least the ones who have raised little boys ;)

Pretty much since I posted online that Wyatt began sleeping through the night...he decided to stop gracing us with a full nights sleep and go back to waking somewhere between 1 and 3 in the morning. I've asked Steve to have a talk with him and let him know that it's unacceptable and if he continues with this behavior, we may have to ground him. Steve doesn't think he'll take it to seriously, but I beg to differ ;)

Anyways...about 2 weeks or so ago he found his feet. It's honestly the greatest thing to watch him try over and over to bring his toes to his mouth. He's getting more flexible, but as for the moment, he can only stretch the tip of his sock to his mouth...which amuses him immensely!

EVERY time that I go to him in the middle of the night, he's got his feet in the air! And here lies the problem: I'm thinkin' he must be juicin' his diaper or something because for the life of me, I cannot figure out how he gets pee up the sides of his PJ's and all over the sheets. This part is not so cute!!

He's wearing size 3 diapers and they look HUGE on him. They go up past his belly button! But the size 2's barely contain him. How do you remedy this???

I'm getting so tired of changing his sheets! (We have even put a towel down and he just saturates it!) I don't know, maybe there's more force behind that hose than I'm aware of...but seriously, have any of you experienced this?


6 comments:

Meg said...

oh my! I felt like that so many times. We had to change the crib sheets every morning or at 2 am for 3 weeks straight. No matter how much we limited the liquids at night we could not solve our problem. I finally just went to size 5 diapers at night and wrapped them really tight and that seamed to fix it. the diaper still weighed 10 pounds by morning but there were no leaks. after we changed his diaper around 5 am he would go back to sleep until 8 am. i just had to make sure we did not miss the changing or i would be washing sheets for sure. good luck! I hope something works out.

Sharron said...

LOL They had to have borrowed my oldest grand on for the video! I'll tell my daughter to read your blog and maybe she will have some ideas . . . maybe not, after five years, she is still dealing with the lack of sleep and wet bedding!

Emily said...

I have always used Pampers Cruisers, and I have never had that problem. They are more expensive than other brands, but it may be worth a try.

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

I knew Steve in high school, so I read your blog now and again. So it sounds weird, but try putting a maxi pad in his diaper to soak up extra pee. I had the same problem with my girls and it worked for me. and you definitely need diapers that are snug around the legs to keep pee from leaking. Maybe go back to twos and try maxi pad?

Amanda said...

I only have girls, but Huggies have always been good for me. I have heard, always make sure "it points down" :)

Cam and Chelsea said...

We have had a lot of problems with this as well. We went up a size in diapers, and it was still happening, so we switched to huggies from pampers, and that has seemed to help a ton... Maybe just switching diapers to see which one works best would help. Merry Christmas!!