Monday, April 12, 2010

Take the 'POOP' with you!

I can't stand it when people let their dogs poop anywhere (as if I don't deal with poop enough as it is!!). Understand that this doesn't bother me if the owner is respectful enough to CLEAN IT UP! But, in our subdivision, these owners seem to have been slapped with the stupid stick and act as if they couldn't possibly fathom picking up after their dog and simply leave them wherever they may fall.


A couple of days a week, when I don't go to the gym, I like to take a jog around the neighborhood with Wyatt in the stroller. There is a long stretch of road, on the outside wall of our subdivision that butts up against nothing but desert. You'd think people would just let their dogs poop on the other side of the street, IN THE DESERT....ah, that would be a NO. Running on the sidewalk is like running through a minefield! The dog logs are just scattered throughout the landscaping AND the sidewalk! I've even been running down the sidewalk, seen an owner patiently waiting while their doggy takes care of business and then walk away!

I was mentioning this frustration to (Anonymous) the other day and (Anonymous) gave me the most brilliant resolution! They have the same kind of offenders in their neighborhood too. They were tired of cleaning the logs out of their lawn, so instead, they take some bacon grease and drizzle it over the abandoned piece of feces. Then, the next dog does the picking up for them! It's genius!!! Granted I'd feel bad if a non-offenders pooch ate one...but I've yet to see a single person pick up after their dog, so I'm certain that only the offenders would suffer with their dogs and their bacon/poo poo breath :)

1 comment:

Sharron said...

I love it! I am laughing so hard because we have the same problem, would you believe, when the snow birds are in town. Drives me crazy.

I have tried to catch the ones doing it in my own yard so that I can scoop it up and follow them home to return it to them.

Or there is the old fashioned trick, put it into a bag, set the bag on fire and ring their door bell. When they come out, start stomping to smother the flames, justice is served. Some old coot told me about that one, my dad.