Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Belly-Buttons and "China's"

My Mom and Kristie and her kiddos came to visit for the week last week. It was such a blast! I love having company! Kristie's kids, Bentley and Lyza, seriously make me laugh to the point of tears! They say some of the funniest things!

Kristie was telling me that Bentley is a little more curious about the difference between boys and girls. One day, while changing Lyza, Bentley pointed and asked, "Mom, is that her "wiener"?" Kristie answered, "No, that's her Vagina."

She said he didn't really mention it again until a week later when she was changing Lyza's diaper, but this time he asked, "Mom...is that her......"China"??" Apparently Vagina was too complex of a word for a 3 year old to remember (HA!). I so LOVE that kid!

Bentley has a way of demanding your attention, if he notices that you are giving it to someone else and not to him. This adorable little method is what we like to call "headbutting"!

So, we were up in the loft the other day and my mom was helping me decide what to put on the shelf that my husband made for me. He sees my mom talking to me, so he runs over to her and headbutts her in the crotch! I'm fairly certain that the pain from being hit in the pubic bone/crotch is pretty darn close to the pain a dude may feel when taking a hit to the groin. My mom fell to the floor with a shriek and Bentley, more terrified that Nana was going to be mad at him, covered his eyes and then while peeping through his fingers said, "Ouch.....my head".

I know she was in pain, but I couldn't help it...I LAUGHED....a total fit of laughter complete with a geezer wheeze from the lack of oxygen!!! It was like the slap you silly laughter you get at church when you know you are supposed to be quiet and pay attention but something so stupidly simple takes over all sense of rationality. The first thing that popped into my head was, "Oh! Did you just get a headbutt to the "China"???!!"

Later that day, Bentley saw me changing Wyatt's diaper and so he knelt down beside him and was being so cute trying to get Wyatt to laugh. Then he stops, tilts his head and points. He looks up at me at goes, "Is that Wyatt's belly-button?" "Umm, nope" I said, trying to keep from laughing, "his belly-button is up on his belly...see?"

So, my sons "wiener" was just confused for a belly-button. Should I be worried??? Nah! See...cuz of the "incomplete circumcision", our little Wy guy looks like he's sportin' a mock neck instead of the traditional crew-neck, or even the now fashion forward turtle-neck. ;c)

The innocence of children offered some much appreciated comedic relief that week!!

1 comment:

Rob and Jen Raybould said...

Oh my goodness you had me and my husband laughing so hard with this post! Good memories for you!