Thursday, December 4, 2008

I’ve developed the nose of a blood hound….seriously! I swear I can smell everything. Things that I never smelt before…and things I really wish I couldn’t smell.

When we bought our house, I hated the smell of it. I bought a bunch of wallflowers from Bath & Body and put them throughout the house. And frankly, I really liked the smell of them….until NOW. I came home from work last night and was so overcome by the smell of eucalyptus that I wanted to barf! I went around the house and gathered them all up and threw them out. BUT, then I couldn’t get the SMELL off of my hands! I washed them literally 10 times and still could smell the eucalyptus scent on them….so I pulled out an onion and rubbed it on my hands….nadda….pulled out some lemons and rubbed them on my hands…NADDA!! So, while cooking dinner, I burnt some cheese in my oven, and you’d think I was smellin’ the greatest thing on earth!! I actually preferred the smell of burnt cheese over my scenty stuff!

Sadly, once the smoke cleared and I was getting ready this morning….the smell was back! Seriously thinking about sporting a clothes line clip on my nose…fashionable…no??


Dear Fetus,

I want you to know how ecstatic we are for your existence….even though you living in my womb is making me feel a wee bit crazy from all the changes. I really wouldn’t trade it for anything in this world and it makes me tear up when I think of how blessed we are. You should know that your dad still calls you spike…which isn’t all that far off considerin’ you probably still have a tail at this point.

Love momma

2 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

Oh Emily I love your wit! Smells while pregnant are NOT fun. That is why we have not had Turkey for Thanksgiving in like 30 years! This is the first year we have cooked one!!! It shocked our family. Hang in there...this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

So where are these baby belly photos? It's a MUST!!!