Sunday, November 30, 2008

So, let's see...I made that last post on Tuesday? Umm...not even a day later I was welcomed into the morning sickness clan. Although, I don't know why they call it morning sickness when it lasts ALL DAY!!!

My mother-in-law showed me how to prep a turkey for thanksgiving (since I volunteered to make it this year). Watching her peel the skin away from the flesh had me teetering on the verge of stuffin that turkey with my regurgitated morning breakfast! Thankfully, Steve took over from there and paid attention to all the disgusting details so that he could help me prep our birdie for thanksgiving dinner.

I called my sisters to find out how they dealt with this constant urge to loose your cookies and they told me the 1/2 a Unisom trick! I was a little skeptical. A sleep aid? For morning sickness? But, I tried it and PRAISE THE LORD! IT WORKED! I still have occasional nauseousness, but it's not the overwhelming, all-consuming feeling anymore.

The only side effect I've noticed is a bit more drowsiness during the day, but the benefit of not being sick all the time is worth a little drowsiness!!


I'm feeling a little on the bloated side. Like on those really bad days of your period where your jeans fit a little snugger than other days. Steve says he's gonna buy me a shirt that says 'I'm not fat, I'm just pregnant'. Not so sure if people are gonna believe that one just yet...lol.

He's also nicked named our little bean 'Spike'. Yep, I know...weird...but hey, if you know my husband, it shouldn't be all that surprising. :0) I asked him, what if it's a girl? He just looked at me and said, "Spike". Sounds like an identity crisis in the making...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I am sorry to hear about the morning sickness, sounds terrible. I am glad you found a semi-cure, yeah for sisterly advice. Yup spike sure sounds like Steve. Take care!