Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What's Yours is Mine and What's Mine is Mine...

Steve and I like to grocery shop for two weeks worth of food at a time. Sometimes we have to go back and pick up produce items that won't last that long...but our main goal is to only shop once every two weeks.

We always buy some sort of cracker brand for lunches. He's a big Ritz fan...me, on the other hand, I don't really enjoy plain crackers like that. So, one shopping trip, I purchased his boxes of Ritz crackers and threw in some Cheez-its for me. I recall packing them for lunch one day, and suddenly they were gone the next. (Steve had a sudden case of memory loss and apparently had no idea where they went).

The next shopping trip, I purchased some Ritz crackers (again), a 'spicy' cheez-it box and a regular cheez-it box. Steve avoids spicy foods, so I was certain that he wouldn't touch them :) Anyways, one night while watching 'The Office'...I had a snack attack. I took the half eaten box of regular cheez-its and devoured them! Steve returned from his trip to Reno to find them long gone. (I let him cry it out...he felt betrayed, but forgave me).
Last night, after shopping and eating dinner...I went to the pantry to pack my lunch for the next day. I grabbed a box of just purchased Wheat Thins and said, "Don't eat the Wheat Thins, baby. You have your Ritz...so these are mine."

He just smiled and said, "I know, but the Cheez-its are mine. I even wrote my name on them." I grabbed the box from the shelf and burst out laughing when I found he had written on every possible side of the box, "STEVEN'S".


I suddenly felt like I had regressed back to the single life of writing names on the food you didn't want your roommate to eat.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Emily,

Hiliarous! Matt and I only go shopping every 2 weeks and I pride myself on that. It works out great and then we don't have that hanging over our heads every week. Love the story about the crackers, sometimes you do like to feel like somethings are still yours. You guys are too cute!

Love, Amy

Sandi and Curtis said...

When we had a family at home - we used to drive to Tucson (1 hour each way) to shop...so we would shop for the entire month. You are absolutely right in shopping only twice a month...saves a lot of money! I loved your cracker story. Amazing what it is like to introduce Steven to 'other' crackers. He is leaving the blah behind! We sure enjoyed seeing your new home! Did you ever get your new washer??