Monday, September 15, 2008

So Long...May you rest peacefully in appliance heaven


I woke up this morning, threw some wash in and hoped in the shower. By the time I was finished, I found smoke filling the halls. The culprit being THE WASHER (excuse me while I weep).

I won't lie, right then I felt like screaming, then drop kicking the washer out the front window. Instead, I called my husband and yelled at him (as though he single handedly had been the reason for the faulty washer). I'm sure he wasn't surprised though...he calmly told me we should have someone check it out and everything would be ok.

The appliance repair people came that night and delivered the bad news that it would need to be replaced (only after lecturing us not to buy appliances from Craig’s List...even if you are just trying to save some money).

So, the silver lining to this story??...after we replace the dishwasher and washer...every appliance in our house will be brand new (minus the water heater). Ok, that's more of a GOLD lining...:0)

No comments: