Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow Day

We took Wyatt up to Steve's parents cabin on Mt. Charleston this last weekend. It rained for almost a week straight here in the valley, so that meant MAJOR snow up on the mountains!

We bundled the little dude up and took him outside to see snow for the first time.


I don't think he knew what to make of it! The wind kept blowing the cold air on his face which made him gasp as if it were stealing the oxygen right out of him. Then Steve took him for his very first sled ride...



He did great! But pretty much after that, he was DONE! He warmed up in the truck with Ken and Kristen while Steve "attempted" to teach me how to snowboard (I've only skied) on powder. I'm a total desert rat and pretty much don't own a lick of snow gear...except for the coat that I had to buy when I flew out to Chicago after one of Steve's photo shoots. Every step I took put snow against my ankles and inside my tennies and after many-a-falls, I was certain my butt was never going to de-numb itself (ah, but alas, it surely DID de-numb itself...you know that burning pain you get in your finger tips when they go from freezing cold to warm?? Turns out no body part is exempt from such fire!) I made it a couple of feet before freaking out that I was going to run into a tree...but I think I might get the hang of it with a wee bit o' practice :)

Wyatt is mastering the art of grabbing what he wants. He no longer swings his arms and hopes that he hits what he's aiming for. It's rather funny when you have a drink in your hand...before you know it, IT'S HIS!

Don't worry folks...he's not really drinking soda at 7 months ;)

No comments: