Saturday, October 3, 2009

Totally Got My Trash Kicked!

This last weekend I went with a few family members down to Cypress California for my brother and my nephews birthday. It was a blast! My nephew is just adorable!! He's getting so big and man is he gonna be a lady killer when he grows up!


(I realize all these pics are blue...don't tell Steve!)

We also visited Sunset Beach on Saturday...B-E-A-utiful! The weather was just absolutely awesome!

Wyatt nearly slept the entire time we were there...must be something about the waves crashing on the shore and the gulls squakin' in the air that just lulls you right to sleep :)

I sat on the beach watching everyone play in the ocean. Steve (my bro) brought out some boogie boards and it was hilarious to watch my sisters try to ride them. I'm totally trying to break outta my chicken shell...so I begged my mom (who I totally thought was more chicken than I, but turns out that I am sooooo much more chicken than she....I'm not even worthy of the title "chicken"...that's how worse than chicken I am) to go out and ride the boogie board with me. I mean, how lame could I possibly look if there's two of us out there lookin' lame together?? You know, much like misery loves company...well, apparently chickens like each other too! She said she would if I would...so off to the shore we ran to convince my brother to show us how it's done.

First lesson...mother nature will always come a callin' if you go throwing yourself into cold water. I got up to my thighs in sea water before I instantly had to pee! It didn't make matters any better that I was laughing my head off trying to walk as the waves would crash against me and the current would quickly pull me in the opposite direction. I couldn't help but do the pee pee dance trying to control myself. My mom was yelling for me to just pee already...but all I could think about was that episode of Grey's Anatomy where that microscopic fish swims up that dudes urethra...no way was I gonna take a pee in the ocean!

I kinda sorta figured out how to jump the waves and then turn and push off with them so that you can ride them to shore. Well...I took off on this itty bitty wave (HELLO...I told you I was totally not worthy of the title "chicken") and needless to say it didn't take me very far, so I sat there floating in the water waiting for the next wave behind it to take me further into shore. DUMB IDEA! Before I knew what was happening, the wave completely submerged me, flipped my legs over my head as I sucked in a huge gulp of sea water and tried to navigate my way to the surface (in less than 3 feet of water). I finally stand up...but can't open my eyes yet cuz I'm scared the salt water will burn. With my arms out to my sides, I try to balance against the under current that is literally pushing me down....and once again, down I go! This time I'm fumbling/running sideways trying to catch my balance...meanwhile I totally got sand burn on my knees and elbows as well as a nice exfoliation treatment on my bum! (darn near had to steal Wyatt's diaper rash cream just to sooth the pain!) I'm sure those that witnessed this little flub were thinking I was drunk...yeah, that sounds better than the truth!

1 comment:

Julia said...

OMG girl!! Come to San Diego! I'll show you how it's done! And btw, you ALWAYS get taken out by the way...it's part of the fun! haha

miss you...