Thursday, January 29, 2009

HEY EVERYONE!! I'm officially 16 weeks! (as of 1/25). I'm feeling a million times better! It's interesting all the changes that you go through so early on in pregnancy! I've noticed that I've become more sluggish. Things that were so seemingly easy to me before are now tasks that leave my heart pounding in my head and gasping for breath. Stairs being the number one culprit…followed by cleaning toilets (ok, so that one’s more because I’d rather not do them, am utterly terrified of them, and not even going to argue that Steven cleans them 100x better than I ever could or even wanted to).

Getting out of bed is no longer a flex-your-stomach-to-sit-up-then-slide-off-the-bed-all-limber-like kind of maneuver. It’s more of a roll-on-your-side-then-push-with-all-your-might-and- try-not-to-pass-some-morning-gas-as-the-little-wee-one-inside-you-pushes-all-your- insides-out-of-the-way-as-it-stakes-claim-of-the-places-your-stomach-and-intestines-once-called-home.

I had my second doctor’s appointment last week and I absolutely love my doc! She’s so spunky and fun…she makes you feel like a winner each time you visit her….could be because she says, “you WIN!” whenever she shows me the ultrasound :0) I can’t believe how much our little bean has grown! It’s totally loungin’ in my womb…lol. The doc kept poking at my tummy and shaking her head. She couldn’t believe that this little wee one just likes to keep it’s hands behind it’s head…like it’s in on vacation takin’ in some rays! Well, for now anyways….it’s going to get way more cramped in there in no time! I totally broke down once I heard the heart beat. GOSH! I’m just SO excited!

So apparently, my mom has accurately predicted each and every single one of her grandchildren. She is 100% certain, no doubt about it, that it’s a GIRL. We don’t officially find out until February 16th…which seems so far away! Steve and I have high hopes that it’s a boy…but, I can’t wait to find out if my moms perfect record will continue!

5 comments:

Carolee said...

Congrats Emily. You look so adorable:) I can't wait to see what you guys are having. Take good care of yourself and drink lots of water!!

Nick and Serina said...

YOu look great Emily. Don't forget when you get a little bigger to go get a massage! Wish you and Steve the best.

mparkin said...

Emily,

You are darling pregnant! I love your updates. Your entries are so adorable. Keep up the cute posts, can't wait to hear the sex of the baby. Love you, Amy

Sandi and Curtis said...

Emily, I agree with mparkin! You are darling pregnant! You write very cleverly. I enjoy reading what you are experiencing. I hear your due date is July 12th! That is Serina's birthday. We'll see if pipsqueek chooses that day! We can't wait for you to find out what you are having! so Fun!!!

Moeller Family said...

Hey, in case we haven't officially told you- CONGRATS on being pregnant. We're excited for you! You look so cute Emily. Yeah! :)